[PD] loading externals on Debian (was Re: Py/pyext not recognized...)

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:05:39 CEST 2020

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 6:17 PM Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com> wrote:

> I get the same, and I don't yet understand why it doesn't show,
> although a midifile-help.pd file is there.
>
> It's because [midifile] sets "midifile-help" as the help symbol instead of just "midifile", so Pd looks for "midifile-help-help.pd".
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/mrpeach/midifile/midifile.c

There are a few variations of the use of class_sethelpsymbol in
https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals.
Some of them use the '-help' extension, others also add '.pd', most
don't have any extension. If class_sethelpsymbol should only be used
if the help file is named something other than classname-help.pd,
I'll just remove that line. I see it's also used incorrectly in
udpsend~c.

Martin