[PD] Gem - loading UT or Magicyuv Codec (Debian/Linux)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 19 09:00:19 CEST 2020

On 5/19/20 1:53 AM, oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently tried to load some video clips encoded with either a "UT" or
> "magicyuv" Codec, that play fine on any other video software i use
> (mplayer, mpv, vlc, kdenlive etc.)

:-(

could you share a sample of such a crashing video file (possibly off-list).

> Running PD from the commandline with "-d 4" i only get this error

just yesterday we had a disucssion here about the "-d" flag.
the help-message should make it clear that this *only* helps if you are
debugging the communication between Pd and Pd-GUI; it won't help *at
all* if you are trying to debug some external.

if you want to see more information when running Gem, start Pd with
"-verbose".

vmad
IOhannes