[PD] Gem - loading UT or Magicyuv Codec (Debian/Linux)

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Tue May 19 14:47:55 CEST 2020

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> the trick is to run with "-stderr" and get the logs from the terminal.
>
> ```
> $ pd -stderr -verbose 2>&1 | tee pd.log
> [crash]
> $ cat pd.log

Thanks, IOhannes ! Didn't know that method.
That's more verbose alright ;-)

verbose(3): [GEM:filmGMERLIN:track] No video decoder found for fourcc
ULY0 (0x554c5930)
verbose(4): [GEM:filmGMERLIN] track 0 does not contain a video-stream:
skipping
Pixelformat not specified for video frame
[pix_film]: loaded file: /home/oliver/flatterstreifen_ut.avi with 299
frames (640x480) at 25.000000 fps
frames: 299 640 480 25
Pd: signal 6

so i guess that means filmGMERLIN can't decode "UT" natively, right ?

anything i could do about it ? i can't seem to find "UT" as a seperate
installable binary for Linux. It's just part of ffmpeg's codecs i guess.

Anyway, here's my full pd.log, in case it helps:

http://klingt.org/fileservice/downloads/00756693158989235730-GEM_crash_pd.zip

Are there any recommendations for lossless or high quality codecs with
GEM (preferably also with Alpha channel support) ?

Thanks for all info !

Best

Oliver