[PD] MIDI in channel looks wrong

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu May 21 22:49:51 CEST 2020

> Since that’s not even a legal channel number, I’m wondering if this is
> a bug.
Channel numbers in objects like [ctlin] are really the MIDI port +
channel number:

1: channel 1 on port 1
2: channel 2 on port 1
17: channel 1 on port 2
18: channel 2 on port 2

27: channel 11 on port 2

Are you sure that you're receiving on channel 2? Note that the second
outlet of [midiin] gives you the port number, not the channel number!
That would explain why you see 2.

Christof