[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.51-0 test 1 released

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri May 29 10:48:02 CEST 2020

Hi Hans,

it means that Pd can be compiled -DPD_FLOATSIZE=64, so it will use
64-bit doubles instead of 32-bit floats everywhere, and all built-in
objects should still work as expected.

This has advantages (better precision/stability for certain filters,
large precise table indicies, etc.) and possible disadvantages (needs
more memory, some code paths might be a bit slower).

Currently, we only ship the good old single precision builds, but people
can compile double precision builds from source for themselves to
experiment with.

Christof