[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.51-0 test 1 released

hans w. koch hansw.koch at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:25:46 CEST 2020

thanks, christof,

that makes sense.
a more general question: is that the plan for a transisiton period or will it stay that way for the foreseeable future?

apart from the obvious profits for the playback of longer soundfiles and the ones specified in katjas research some time ago (http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.html),
i use double for simple math tasks involving really big numbers.

so far i compiled nicolas danets “spaghettis” pd fork (https://github.com/Spaghettis/Spaghettis), but i guess its now time to try and compile pd myself.
unless some kind and more knowledgable soul provides a binary for mac, hint, hint :-)
(dan wilcox did one for pd50-2 some time ago)

best
hans