[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test2 for Macontosh - another try at code signing

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:54:06 CEST 2020

The main difference between the builds is that mine was made on a much newer system. I was hoping that Miller's 10.6 build system would be able sign the app bundles well enough but maybe not. Let's find out.

Can y'all can try either of the signed 0.5.1-0-test0 builds here?

http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.51/ <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.51/>

These is the current 0.51-0-test0 except that I've built and signed it on a 10.14 system. The adhoc build is using the anonymous fake "signing" while the wilcox build is signed with my developer id.

> On May 30, 2020, at 10:36 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Em sáb., 30 de mai. de 2020 às 15:58, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> escreveu:
> Does this test build have the same issues?
>
> Pd-0.50-2-signed.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/0.51/Pd-0.50-2-signed.zip>
>
> I see a diference from this and the test downloads from Miller.
>
> When trying to open Miller's I get
>
> "cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified"
>

> I don't get that when I try to open yours, I get instead I get “Pd-0.50-2-signed” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
>

> So it's quite clear signing worked for making it "verified" somehow. That's a pretty clear cue...
>
> I couldn't see any difference in load time when trying your build, but again, let me stress that I don't get it "always" on the build made by Miller, it's something that happens only sometimes and I was also noticing that with my own Pd builds from the repository...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>