[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test2 for Macontosh - another try at code signing

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat May 30 23:54:44 CEST 2020

Back to the original discussion from pd-dev, looking at this:

https://cutecoder.org/programming/shared-framework-hardened-runtime/ <https://cutecoder.org/programming/shared-framework-hardened-runtime/>

If the externals (aka dynamic libs) are built with a macOS deployment target >= 10.9, then they should work without throwing an error. If they are not or are simply older with an older deployment target, they will run into the loading issue. I had added adhoc code-signing and the disable-library-validation exception entitlement to the app build process, so that should make this work, or at least I thought it would.

> On May 30, 2020, at 11:39 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 14:36:21 -0700
> From: Kevin Haywood <khaywood at ucsd.edu <mailto:khaywood at ucsd.edu>>
> To: Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com <mailto:info at christofressi.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.51-0test2 for Macontosh - another
> 	try at code signing
>

>> On May 30, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com <mailto:info at christofressi.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> For some still-inexplicable reason, my externals started working again in both of these versions of Pd after building and loading a newly-created external. macOS Catalina 10.15.4.
>> Newly built externals are not blacklisted.
>

> I trust you on that, but loading a newly-created external seems to have resulted in my previously-blacklisted externals also loading with no problem.
>
> In the case of my externals, I would guess that perhaps this might be because the new and old all used the same signing certificate? But that wouldn't explain my friend’s externals which he compiled.
>
> So perhaps there’s something else going on which I’ve missed, because no one else has confirmed this yet : \

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>