[PD] Pass arg to Pd via terminal

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Jun 9 18:30:30 CEST 2020

> yes, sure.
Your last e-mail indicated otherwise. You showed how you can't open
"mypatch.pd" as "mypatch", but this was not what Mario was asking.
> but what's the point of this discussion?
I just answered a question and you said my answer was wrong.

> how is being able to open a file with an arbitrary name (including
> arbitrary extensions) related to passing args to Pd?
I've never claimed it was.

> it seems that all ideas just fail the
> "foolproof test".
True.

On the other hand, let's look at this:

pd "mypatch.pd 1 2 3"

What if we simply treat ".pd " as the delimiter? How many people
realistically have this character sequence in a directory name? I know
it's not 100% foolproof, but maybe it's good enough... Just sayin'

Christof