[PD] fexpr and dollar zero weirdness

Julián Villegas villegas.julian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 01:57:24 CEST 2020

Hi list,

I have a program that uses [fexpr~] and values ending in $0, similar to the program in the attachment.
When I create the program, it works just as intended. I then save it and close Pd, but when I open the program again some of the “$0" are replaced  by “_\$0” breaking the program (as in the pdf I’m also sending, but I’m not sure if you would be able to see it). I can easily edit it again, but every time I reopen the program I have to do the same.

I’m using Pd 0.51.0 on macOS 10.15.5 (Catalina). Am I doing something wrong? is this a bug?

Additionally, I also have problems when open programs in two different screens: I connect my laptop to a larger screen since my eyes are not so good anymore. If I edit the program in the large screen and save it, next time I try to open it, Pd crashes even before opening the patch.
By reading the Pd patch on a text editor, I have detected that this is caused by negative coordinates given to the canvas. I can easily change those by “0” and the program opens again correctly. Is this something I should report as a bug? the thing is that I don’t have a reproducible examples and I think this is highly dependent on the screen setup. However, may be making sure that canvases are not saved with negative coordinates could fix the problem.

Thank you for your advice,

Julian.