[PD] New "fast-forward" message

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Mon Aug 17 17:00:09 CEST 2020

> I'm doing this to test if I don't get an audio dropout in the main
> patch by running the batch in a pd subprocess.
With [pd~], the parent process "drives" the subprocess. If the
subprocess blocks (beyond the given delay time), the parent process also
blocks.

---

> No audio is generated at all, I get an audio with 0 seconds.
I checked the code. "sched_fastforward" is only used in the polling
scheduler. This means "fast-forward" has no effect in the callback
scheduler or in a plugin scheduler (e.g. the one used by the [pd~]
subprocess).

Open an issue on GitHub!

Christof