[PD] fast way to convert two 8 bit data to one 16 bit data in big lists ?

Benjamin ~ b01 benjah at free.fr
Fri Sep 25 00:30:26 CEST 2020

hi,

I'm looking for a fast way to convert two 8 bit data to one 16 bit data
in big lists
a device send continuously packets of 16 000 bytes threw the network to
udpreceive
at the moment, to reconstitute from two bytes a 16 bit value, I'm using
a list-drip and a counter to discriminate the MSB and LSB and do the
*256 and + operation
the aim is to feed a table with the result (see attached) and produce
sound from it
it works with packets of 2 000 bytes but pd freeze with bigger packets
I'm wondering if there is a better way to achieve this ?

thk