[PD] multichannel vs many stereo writesf objects?

Fede Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:51:59 CEST 2020

Hi,

What is more efficient for recording, say, a +15 minute 16 channel performance: a single writesf with 16 channels or 8 writesf object with 2 channels each?

Bonus question: What if I place a stereo writesf inside a patch and run 8 separate pd~ objects?

The context: recording network performance using Netty McNetface. This is why I'm trying to reduce as much processing from the main patch while staying within pd-land. (Routing multichannel audio out to another daw would be an option that I'm not considering right now)

Thanks!

fdch.github.io