[PD] Concatenating two atoms into one?

jayrope jayrope at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:18:24 CEST 2020

doubled-checked here (pd 0.50-2, osx 10.9.5)

[set $1$2, bang(

outputs $1$2 to a subsequent message object [2] here. However banging
this one causes no subsequent output to a number or symbol object [3]
afterwards, neither from [set $1$2, bang( directly, nor from an
independently fired bang to [2].

Patch-save and reload does *not* change anything here, as opposed to
what Matt reports.

So, is that a bug - or expected behaviour?

If expected behaviour, why would that be so?

Thank you again for your insights.

janek

--
jayrope