[PD] compiling extenrals for mac 32 bits

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:36:02 CEST 2020

Em ter., 20 de out. de 2020 às 03:34, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> > Tried in the makefile and it didn't work, but then I thought you may have
> > meant when doing "make install" and it worked ;)
>
> i don't know what you tested.
> but you should pass the "extension=..." argument to all

invocations of make

I did *make install objectsdir=../ extension=d_fat *and
pd-lib-builder generated binaries with that extension.

> > I just want to be clear there's no reason to keep it. If my previous
> > package is better in any way or something (like "faster"?).
>
> the package is smaller.

I see! Not enough a good reason for me to also compile it that way though...

if you want to avoid confusion totally (because you are friendly and
> don't want to impose *any* mental stress onto people), upload a new
> version.

 I get it. Well, I'm talking about cyclone, which I made a release on the
17th and on the 19th I had the other binary... that's too soon and too
little for a new release. And yeah, I do think it's an unnecessary
confusion/stress, not everyone knows the difference and might not know what
to pick.

> in general i think you should consider the deken storage as immutable

("don't even think of trying to modify and/or delete stuff once
> published").

i would love to enforce this on the server-side, but it's very low on my

Still about cyclone, I just released 0.5-4! Ideally, I'd also have to
repack and reupload earlier 0.5-x versions, as I did it wrong and didn't
upload the linux capital letter aliases... how would that go if it's
immutable? Seems too extreme for me and there could be good reasons to
reupload a package at least when they screw up. And what if you have a
typo?

Anyway, I'm too busy and lazy to repack and reupload cyclone anyway.

cheers