[PD] Pd 0.51-4-test1 with macOS scrollbar fix

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:37:22 CET 2020

That's a decent list, I guess we need a few more things before 0.51-4 is ready.

Phil:

Pd doesn't explicitly support Dark Mode, so I will add the Info.plist key to disable it for now. What you are seeing is a "mixed Dark Mode" where Tk is picking up background color changes but not font color changes as they are explicit set to white/black etc. We can revisit and enable Dark mode support in another release as it will require more work.

Yes, system dialog should stay on top of other Pd windows. I wasn't aware they were somehow on a system level. For normal Cocoa applications, that's a window level key you can set, so Tk must have changed something with how it's handling window types.

fede:

I think there is a fix for the Font dialog on Github already.

The iemguis "bug" is really my fault: when I overhauled the dialogs years ago, I made them "active" for macOS, ie. make changes and see the result immediately. The downside, is that I didn't record the original values when the dialog is first opened, so cancel cannot actually reset the previous values.

Miller:

The scrollbars fix is a patch to Tk, so you'd have to rebuild Wish.app to see the changes. Let us do some test builds first, then you can pull in any new patches which are ready and rebuild Wish.app, then replace it within mac/stuff. I don't think there is much point to rebuild the mac/stuff tarball too many times and fill the git history.

> On Dec 16, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 18:26:22 -0800
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> To: ffdd cchh <camarafede at gmail.com <mailto:camarafede at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd 0.51-4-test1 with macOS scrollbar fix
>
> Thanks for all that - it looks like I didn't manage to get
> Dan's fix compiled in for some reason... I'll go back and check.
>
> That stretch thing is stupid from the get-go - I should just
> disable it perhaps.

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 08:25:30PM -0500, ffdd cchh wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I found a couple issues for the mac app. I'm testing on Mojave 10.14.5
>>
>> On Miller's site, this version does not display scrollbars:
>> Software/pd-0.51-4test2.mac.tar.gz
>> With Dan's version, scrollbars appear correctly (and better than they used
>> to appear, so great job with that!).
>>
>> I made screen recordings of the issues below, using
>> Dan's Pd-0.51-4-test1-scrollbars.zip. Please, let me know if you need those
>> (I can copy a drive link or similar):
>> 1) Pd crashes when you focus on the pd console, go to Edit > Font, and
>> stretch x and y by a value, say 120. After clicking OK, it's a crash.
>> 2) iemguis: when you update properties on the property dialog and hit
>> return,
>>  -- if you hit "cancel", changes are already made (I think this might be
>> already mentioned somewhere)
>>  -- The "OK" button font turns white, and it's hard to read. [This font
>> color is also present on the Help > Find Externals "Show All" button.]
>>
>> Other than that, pd's looking good.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> fede

--------