[PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:54:34 CET 2021

On Thu, 2021-01-07 at 12:22 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em qui., 7 de jan. de 2021 às 06:48, Roman Haefeli <
> reduzent at gmail.com> escreveu:
> >  Maybe include something in the README like:
> >
> > ---
> > On Debian and derivatives, you need to install the libfluidsynth2
> > package:
> >
> > ~~~sh
> > sudo apt install libfluidsynth2
> > ~~~
>
> Yeah, it's important we make all of this clear. I just want this to
> be available via deken, so people can download it and use it right
> away. So statically/dynamic linking is the only way to go I guess.

If libfluidsynth is part of the Deken package as in the one provided by
Lucas, this is not necessary anymore.

So maybe including all dependencies is the better way, after all. I
would like to hear some expert's opinion on it.

> If there's something in the way and if there are just too many
> different options for linux distributions (does this make sense? What
> do I know?), then we can maybe put this instructions on the help file
> instead? Well, Linux people, enlighten me...

There is no way to distinguish by Linux distro in Deken. From what I
understand, it wouldn't be necessary when such dependencies are
included in the package.

Roman