[PD] set screen resolution from within Pd (Linux)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:15:21 CET 2021

(I am usually not one to try to do *everything* in Pd...)

Another option is to create a small shell script which calls the xrandr line along with starting Pd and the project's main patch, assuming it's for an installation.. If you need to start Pd first, then probably add a small sleep after to give it time to open the windows.

> On Jan 12, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 10:22:34 +0100
> From: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] set screen resolution from within Pd (Linux)
>
> Hi Ingo
>
> On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 05:46 +0100, Ingo wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to set the screen resolution from within Pd in Debian
>> (with
>> or without externals)?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If yes how?
>
> With something like (untested example specific to my setup):
>
> [xrandr --output eDP-1 --mode "1920x1080_60.00"(
> |
> [ggee/shell]

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>