[PD] pduino / comport / raspberry

Joseph Larralde joseph.larralde at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:51:55 CET 2021

Hi Alexandre and Roman,

Le 28/02/2021 à 20:05, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at a écrit :
> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 19:46:36 +0100
> From: Roman Haefeli<reduzent at gmail.com>
> To:pd-list at lists.iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] pduino / comport / raspberry
>
> On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 14:13 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>> hi, will teach a course on pd+arduino+raspberry in a couple of months
>>
>> I don't see a comport for raspberry on deken,
> I do see it:
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/rdz/software/comport/1.1.1/comport-v1.1.1-(Linux-armv7-32)-externals.tar.gz
Oh nice, I'm still using comport v0.2
I need to check this new version.

Actually I have a project running on a pi zero which is connected to a
nano via the rx tx pins.
I use the comport external to communicate between the pi and the nano.
I wrote an intitialization script for the pi zero that installs all
dependencies, downloads and compiles pure data, then download and
compiles required dependencies including comport (among other
environments like nodejs)
The part that downloads and compiles comport is very simple and works well.
I goes like this :

wget
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pure-data/files/libraries/comport/comport-0.2.tar.gz
tar -xvf comport-0.2.tar.gz
cd comport-0.2
sudo make install
cd ..

But there might be simpler ways to achieve this nowadays, I don't know ...
Anyway, I hope this might help someone.

Cheers,
Joseph