[PD] questions for delay external (was: pause writing to delay line / hybrid of array and delay)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 04:13:27 CET 2021

Em dom., 28 de fev. de 2021 às 16:20, Alexandre Torres Porres <
porres at gmail.com> escreveu:

> I'm thinking about creating a variant of delread/write~ for ELSE with this
> "freeze" functionality. But maybe we can request to add it to vanilla.

 maybe this is best for the pd-dev list, but here I go.

In my design choice for a variation of delread/write, I think it could be
given a unique delay name when a delay write object is not given a delay
line argument. This name could then be sent via an outlet to a read object.
This looks like how things work for MAX's tapin~/tapout~ and I confess I'm
taking it as a model.

Now, big question, can I force an order of execution with such a
connection? Would it have to be a signal connection only?

thanks