[PD] how to force the DSP call? / set delread~ delay name

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 00:40:02 CET 2021

Em seg., 1 de mar. de 2021 às 20:19, Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com>
escreveu:

> It doesn't have to be. You can certainly change the delay line during
> runtime, just like in [receive~], [throw~], [tabsend~], [tabreceive~], etc.

I thought so, but let me just get something straight, is it possible to
force a global dsp call or not? Should it always be avoided at all costs?

Cause I'm now facing another issue, I have a [del~ in] object spitting a
unique delay name, and when I connect it via a control cord to a [del~ out]
object I want it to spit out the delay name symbol. I made it spit it out
when there's a new dsp call, but.... control connections do not force a new
dsp call, so I dunno.

I ask because I'm still thinking about strategies involving dsp calls and
it'd be good to get a final word if that's a "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" :)

Done: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1274

> I might do a PR when I have some time.

Thanks, and I'll look into the way  [receive~] and the like work to try and
incorporate it in my external, I can also try a PR if you don't beat me to
it in a quite probable better way.