[PD] From telnet to netreceive whole sentence

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 22 16:06:42 CET 2021

On 3/22/21 3:47 PM, Csaba Láng wrote:
> I try to make it simple without unicode, let's say.
>
> What if I add [list $1 $2 $3 $4( to text3d where each $ is a word (max
> number of $ is the amount of words in the longest sentence)
> How can I achieve not to display 0 0 0 at the and of the list if number of
> words are less than max number of words in the longest sentence.

i probably misunderstood your question as "how do I correctly print text
that contains multiple consecutive spaces" instead of the trivial "i
want to print multiple words".

if your only problem is to create a list of variable length, then this
is pretty unrelated to both [netreceive]/telnet and [text3d]

checkout the help for [list prepend] and possibly [list split] (and
generally of the [list] objects).

also, i fail to see why you can't just use the patch i so beautifully
painted. why does it not work for you?

gdmfs
IOhannes