[PD] size and position of PD window

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:00:36 CEST 2021

Well, I can think of applications that have a preference for which *screen* to open a window on (fullscreen video output for instance) but not one with a preference for specifying x, y, w, & h of a window to open. This kind of geometry setting can also be fragile as you change the amount of monitors in your setup, etc. I would therefore argue this is not a basic setting and it's also not trivial to try to divine what settings all users *might* want and then add a UI for them. OTOH if you have a working technical solution, feel free to make a PR to the Github repo for review.

IOhannes' solution is by far the best: If you want to run some TCL to customize things, then do so *and* without having to modify Pd tcl files. :)

> On Apr 15, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 15:57:30 +0000
> From: Philip Stone <pkstone at ucdavis.edu <mailto:pkstone at ucdavis.edu>>
> To: "pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>" <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] size and position of PD window

> Why? Because it seems like a basic setting, and it would be trivial to implement as a preference. This seems (to me) like just what preferences are for, configuring the basic environment of Pd.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>