[PD] size and position of PD window

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:57:45 CEST 2021

Sounds good to me. I'm not sure, but I might have added that, but I don't remember any specific reason why. It might have filtered in from porting some of the pd-extended stuff.

In any case, I'm all for it. :) You should also probably check the initial dialog positions as well.

> On Apr 16, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> however, i found that if you don't specify the position in the first
> place, the WM will do the right thing? and open the window on the
> currently active monitor.
>
> so i wondered whether we shouldn't just let the WM decide where to put
> the main pdwindow.
> (on my system  this would be the center of the currently active monitor)
> in caser you wondered, we can still specify the window dimension.
>
> would this break anybodies experience?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>