[PD] compander-limiter from slop~-help.pd

Tom Erbe soundhack at icloud.com
Mon May 3 18:03:24 CEST 2021

here’s a basic compressor patch i made for class. you really want separate attack and decay controls (slow the attack to let initial transients through uncompressed, slow the decay to minimize pumping). also, varying the [env~] window can change the responsiveness.

a high threshold, high ratio, and pretty fast attack/decay is needed for limiting.

a good overview article with ideas for further compressor abstractions -

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/using-your-daws-compressors-limiters

----
tom erbe - tre at soundhack.com
professor - uc san diego | founder - soundhack