[PD] Resources for building a GEM-based external

Serguei A. Mokhov mokhov at cs.concordia.ca
Fri May 21 16:47:49 CEST 2021

Hi,

We are looking to build an external for OpenISS's C++ framework. I've gone
over docs on how to make externals in Pd in general already, but I am
quite fuzzy about how to do the same with GEM. In particular, we'll be
receiving image frames of various types (along side any other motion data
from sensors and software devices) that we'd like to render / texture-map.

I understand that GEM itself is an external. What's the most recent
resource that can help us building an external that would work with GEM?
Most docs either focus on signal and scalar data or docs for GEM are out
of date on the official pages.

I guess what I am looking for is a recent "ideomatic" example on how to
deal with things that deal with image-like / matrix-like frame data.

Thanks!

-s