[PD] Pd number boxes, slider boxes, etc. don't update if my main patch is not visible during starting up (Debian) Tcl/Tk 8.6 (Ingo)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Sun May 23 14:42:52 CEST 2021

Yes, Rolf!

A minimal patch works fine.

My complex patch worked also fine for 5-10 years and stopped working now when I tried to add a .jpg logo with gem during starting up.

Actually, now - without gem - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm searching at the moment what makes the difference whether number boxes work or not.

(For example I delayed sample/audiofile loading which does not seem to change anything. [soundfiler] tends to block everything during loading . . .

Maybe I'll eliminate loading audio files altogether now.)

I have eliminated all window hiding, iconifying or moving.

Sometimes it works now and sometimes it doesn't when restarting the patch without any changes - just loading a few times.

It's total random whether the number boxes, etc. want to work or not as of now . . .

If my main patch is invisible during starting up it definitely does not work.

I had this issue before and kept it visible for this reason.

Ingo