[PD] Pd FLOSS Manual, what to do with it?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 31 12:35:06 CEST 2021

I agree. I think the current Pd-extended focused manual could be moved to a Pd-extended location for historical reasons. The "main" Pd FLOSS manual should be Vanilla + links or sections to active forks including the original Pd-extended manual. The current manual could then be refactored/updated and existing links would not be *terribly* broken.

> On May 31, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 18:48:18 -0300
> From: Esteban Viveros <emviveros at gmail.com <mailto:emviveros at gmail.com>>
> To: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd FLOSS Manual, what to do with it?
>
> I think the best with Pd Floss is first to elucidate the community about
> Pd-Vanilla and the Forks. The name Pure Data Floss tutorial should be
> relayed in Pd-Vanilla only. In a historical Introduction, it can explain
> the history of creation of Pd, about Pd-Extended death, the actual
> situation and cite Pd forks, like Pd-ceammc and Purr-Data.
>
> After that we can update and even improve Pure Data Floss and it is. If
> Pd-ceammc and Purr-Data communities start thinking about creating a
> FLOSS for your distribution, they can do it with their proper names.
>
> This can avoid a lot of noise in the community and create an environment
> where everyone can choose the Pd software that best suits their needs.
>
> Cheers
>  Esteban

--------
Dan Wilcox