[PD] Pd files on Linux: MIME type and (document) icons

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 13:00:49 CEST 2021

From my side, there is no confusion: this was a separate repo for getting feedback on the updated icon. The finished icon renders were then added to the Pd source repo. I didn't see the need for putting everything in the main repo when the icon is likely not to change for a long time after.

The mime type handling etc should be part of the auto tools set up or some sort of Linux/frteedesktop script in the main repo, probably in the platform specific linux folder with appropriate documentation. If it's a makefile, it could be located there with the needed build rules which are only applied on the needed platform, ie. `make mimetype`, and would be installed with the other files as needed (if they go into a generic free desktop-y location).

> On Jul 16, 2021, at 4:23 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 16:21:01 -0700
> From: Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu <mailto:msp at ucsd.edu>>
> To: Max <abonnements at revolwear.com <mailto:abonnements at revolwear.com>>
> Cc: "pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>" <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd files on Linux: MIME type and (document) icons
>
> Hi all -
>
> This appears to be a PR to https://github.com/pure-data/pd-icon <https://github.com/pure-data/pd-icon> - but htere
> seems to be confusion as to whether this should be part of pure data itself.
> I think it wound be fine to have it in pure data - but I don't know if I should
> just grab the files and stick them in pure-data or if that would cause trouble
> somehow.
>
> cheers

--------
Dan Wilcox