[PD] Opening Pd document on Mac

mitchell turner mmturner2468 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 23:12:08 CEST 2021

Hi all.

First, thanks to all of you who work on Pd development. Though I do not, I want you to know how important this application is to me and my work.

However, I do have one issue. After updating to version 0.51-4, I find that when I double click on a pd document (e.g., my_file.pd), the program opens the console but the patcher window itself does not. I need to double click the “my_file.pd” document a second time for it to launch.

Anyone know what might be the issue?

I’m using: MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020), MacOS 11.5.1, Pd 0.51-4

I looked through the last few months of the list archive but did not see this issue addressed. Apologies if I missed a thread that covers this issue.

Thanks for any help,
Mitch