[PD] Opening Pd document on Mac

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 00:00:43 CEST 2021

Howdy Mitch,

Yeah, I've noticed it for some months but haven't looked into it. It's most likely the GUI not getting the patch passed to it for the system, whether this is a fault in Tcl/Tk or not. In any case, you can open an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues>

> On Sep 4, 2021, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:12:08 -0400
> From: mitchell turner <mmturner2468 at gmail.com <mailto:mmturner2468 at gmail.com>>
> To: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] Opening Pd document on Mac
>
> Hi all.
>
> First, thanks to all of you who work on Pd development. Though I do not, I want you to know how important this application is to me and my work.
>
> However, I do have one issue. After updating to version 0.51-4, I find that when I double click on a pd document (e.g., my_file.pd), the program opens the console but the patcher window itself does not. I need to double click the ?my_file.pd? document a second time for it to launch.
>
> Anyone know what might be the issue?
>
> I?m using: MacBook Pro (13 inch, M1, 2020), MacOS 11.5.1, Pd 0.51-4
>
> I looked through the last few months of the list archive but did not see this issue addressed. Apologies if I missed a thread that covers this issue.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Mitch

--------
Dan Wilcox