[PD] readsf~ questions

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 08:37:20 CEST 2021

hi there,

I am finding conflicting (unclear) info on readsf~ behaviour. I want to
loop a long 8 channel wave file.
here are my questions:

-once i open the file with a message and after a delay start playback and
it has finished (rightmost outlet bangs), can i restart playback without
delay ([t b b] to open and 1 for start) or do I have to set a delay again?
(will the buffer somehow be ready faster)

-if above is not possible, what happens if the open message is sent 15
minutes before the 1 message to start playback, are there any downsides?
the fact that I can set a buffer size seems to suggest that that buffer
will simply be filled and after that it waits for the playback to start. (I
would use two readsf~ in tandem, one will start the other when it has
finished)

cheers