[PD] external libraries for Raspberry Pi - how to compile?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat Sep 11 16:20:17 CEST 2021

> _iemlib_is as always incomplete! I. e. some objects don’t create like
> e.g. [mergefilename], [stripfilename], [splitfilename], etc.
>
> I always had to copy these from my old Pd-extended folder.

I guess the problem is that you don't load the library, so only the
abstractions are created, but not the externals.

Outside Pd-extended, iemlib is shipped as a single binary library, so
you have to load it with [declare]. (The same is true for [zexy], btw.)

Actually, for some weird reason, it used to ship as *two* libraries, so
you needed to do [declare -lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2]. Newer versions are
shipped as a single binary, so you have to do [declare -lib iemlib].

If you're not sure which version you have, you can do [declare -lib
iemlib -lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2] :-)

Christof