[PD] How to use a DAC expansion board with the RPi4

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:19:27 CEST 2021

* Ingo <ingo at miamiwave.com> [2021-09-23 14:04]:
> Hi everybody!
>

> I just got a DAC expansion board for my RPi4 but Pd doesn't see it.
>
> https://www.berrybase.de/en/new/argon-nanosound-one-case-f-252-r-raspberry-p
> i-4?c=2389
>

> Since there is no room for a sound card in such a small box and the RPi
> headphone out is no good it looks like the only compact way.
>

> Can anybody point me to instruction for making Pd use these DAC expansion
> boards as a sound card?
What do the commands
$ pd -listdev
$ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
tell you about available cards?

What does the manufacturer of the expansion board tell you about it?
Will it be a separate sound card from the built-in one? Or will the
expansion merely provide the built-in one with more channels?

You might want to subscribe to the linux audio users mailing list for
assistance as well.