[PD] How to use a DAC expansion board with the RPi4

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Sep 23 15:34:53 CEST 2021

cat /proc/asound/cards	says	--- no soundcards ---
Pd doesn't see any soundcards.

I think the problem is that the DAC get its data from the GPIO pins that Pd
cannot communicate with.

I wonder if anybody made a "virtual soundcard" that talks to the RPi GPIO
and shows up as a ALSA device.

I have a very small Sounblaster card that works fine and sounds ok but it's
still too large to fit inside.
With the internal headphones out my software doesn't even start up.

I'm afraid that this won't even work at all with Pd . . .
Has anyone ever used any of these RPi DACs?

Ingo