[PD] mickfuzz's Pure Data FLOSS Manual, a message on behalf of Pd's community

ol at ogeem.be ol at ogeem.be
Mon Nov 22 20:09:39 CET 2021

hi,
I can read your criticism, and agree it's not fully updated and needs
care,
but no it's not a translation of the old En flossmanual, it was totaly
writen from scratch with another approach ... more didactic / less tech
ref in the structure

I'm not in the position to contribute to the new english one in term of
time (I'm still a non institutional freelancer intermitent new media
artist not supported by any national/regional institutions nor by high
trade crypto capitalism) and probably "expertise" (I'm too "generalist"
to talk as an expert, nor developper of any proper published
external/abstraction code neither, but more as experienced user with >15
years and diversity of usage).

But I could translate/port the new relevant content from an english
manual that is uptodate elsewhere in this old/new french manual that is
still mainly correct from a teaching pov (I still use it with success
with new persons)

again your criticism while right concentrate on the technicalities (how
to install this/that function) and do not look at the underlying
structure of the teaching that is "how does pd works" ... "basically"
... which this french book tried to address first (then talks about
technicalities)

+ we really need other language resources, so I'll concentrate on
maintaining this one in french (incl. your remarks), as this english
centered technological culture is _really_ exluding many people totaly
capable to handle such tools but not at ease with the english language
used as "lingua franca" (what a twist of history! ;) )

best,

Olm-e