[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.52-0test3 released

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:53:07 CET 2021

FYI IOhannes:

For a project at work which uses JACK, I set up the build system to download the prebuilt JACK dmg and extract it to a local build directory. This seems to work fine for both building *and* distribution as user systems which have (non-homebrew) JACK installed are able to run the program with JACK.

I have a feeling that, like JackOSX before it, the JACK distribution builds do some extra step which makes this "magic" work (weak linking?) while the Homebrew builds do not (linked applications expect same lib path). As to why exactly, I don't know, maybe changing the dylib path? In any case, I think it's easier for most people to run an installer rather than ask them to copy/paste and run command line incantations to use JACK via Homebrew. :)

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>