[PD] ggee shell does not work in 0.52

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Thu Jan 27 10:10:27 CET 2022

On 26/01/2022 15:03, Roman Haefeli wrote:

>> example: the shell help-patch "getting the date".
>>
>> it receives a bang from the right outlet, but nothing from
>> the left outlet.
>
> I cannot reproduce with ggee 0.28 from Deken with Pd 0.52-1 from git on
> Ubuntu 20.04. What OS are you using?

i am using 0.52.1 on xubuntu 20.04.3.
it is strange that it seems to work elsewhere, though, iir the first
time i tested after upgrading to 0.52 it seemed to work.
but maybe i do not remember right...

>>   ggee is version 0.28, but it happend
>> with an older version (and current pd) as well.

> it is about a new project, I'd recommend to use it instead of [shell].

thanks, i'll do that. i used [shell] basically for getting a random-seed
(and filenames) via date, and it affects only a few patches,
and should be easy to change to [command].

bis denn!
	martin