[PD] PD-vanilla repo for Linux?

José Rafael Subía Valdez jsubiavaldez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:08:35 CET 2022

Sounds like you have problems on how the libraries are set to Pd path or
are called.

if you do [libName/objectName] you are telling Pd the "dir" of the object
in its creation. This lets you avoid loading it to path in Pd preferences.
So either save the paths in Pd preferences and avoid the
[nameoflibrary/object] and just use object. If the library is not loaded on
start up and you want to avoid the libname, then you can also use [declare]
to load path and objects correctly in each patch.

if this is a problem with large patches, remember that you can open the
file as a text and modify with search and replace quickly in any texteditor
like nano, gedit or such.

I have been using vanilla ever since extended died and have run into no
problems. just deciding how to code, deciding between these 3 ways of

my 2 cents

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 1:56 PM <rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com> wrote:

> Thank you guys for the answers!
>
> After PD-ext died I always experienced issues with externals: I never know
> if it's better to install them through Deken or by packages, and then if I
> have to load them on startup or within the patches with [import] or another
> obect. I re-use a very old patch and I'm trying to fix that. On some
> objects it works removing prefix [libName/objectName], and some I have to
> add it. Some externals (e.g. HCS) doesn't work because they can't load
> other externals.
>
> Compilation: I know a bit about compiling, but the point is: will it work
> then with the externals as distro packages already installed? Can I install
> against current version or do I have to uninstall everything?
>
> rph-r
>
> "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com> a écrit :
>
> * rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com <rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com>
> [2022-01-31 15:41]:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a repository for Linux with last version of PD Vanilla (.deb,
> Kubuntu 20.04)?
>
> Debian has 0.52.1-1~bpo11+1 in bullseye-backports.
>
> Or a precompiled package?
> Ubuntu only has 0.50. I have big trouble (again) getting externals
> working...
>
> Is this trouble related to Pd being only version 0.50 rather than 0.51?

José Rafael Subía Valdez
www.jrsv.net

*"...I am an Anarchist! Wherefore I will*
*Not rule, and also ruled I will not be!"*

- John Henry Mackay -