[PD] What does this element do on the Pd-Window?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 1 16:46:20 CET 2022

i just stumbled upon this "Audio Off" label in the Pd-console (mostly
because i have been annoyed for the past few years that has a fixed font
size), and i have seriously no idea what it is supposed to tell me.

i have even consulted the Pd manual, but it doesn't even mention it.

could anybody shed a light why we need this?
could we get rid of it and be none the wiser?

if not, could we change it's wording (e.g. replace "On" with "connected"
or "available" or somesuch?).
and change it from a fixed font-size to the default size (so you can
change it)

gfmnsadf
IOhannes