[PD] -batch flag: using cases / examples?

padovani zepadovani.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:16:38 CET 2022

Hi,

I'm exploring to use Pd in NRT by calling it from command line with -nogui
and -send. It works very well with custom designed patches using
[fast-forward $1< messages... For instance, I can run many instances of Pd
by using a Python script to analyze or synthesize audio.

Nonetheless, I just noticed now that there is a -batch flag.

The pd command help prints: "-batch           -- run off-line as a batch
process". However, I could not really understand how this works (and also
couldn't find any further tips in the docs/lists).

If anyone could give some example it would be really nice.

Thanks!