[PD] save MIDI with [text] or [textfile]

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:43:03 CET 2022

Hi, list.

Has anyone made an external to create MIDI files with [text] or [textfile]?
Is this even possible? I'm only familiar with MIDI messages. I don't know
about other information in a MIDI file like tempo, time signature, and
metadata. Could it be created as text or is this impossible?

It sure would be nice to have a vanilla way to create MIDI files. I'm
working with [midifile] right now and am having issues. Will track these
problems in a separate post.

Sam