[PD] [midifile]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 10 13:36:28 CET 2022

On 2/10/22 12:53, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I feel like often these problems also come from people trying Pd out after being more familiar with Max. Perhaps it would be good if Pd included a mini "Pd for Max users" guide which starts with execution order differences,

hmm.
i'd prefer a "tip-of-the-day".
order of execution is important enough that everybody should be aware of
it, whether they come from max, vvvv, csound or out of the blue.

i figure your argument is, that most of these have to learn Pd from
scratch anyhow and will eventually come to the "use [trigger]" section
in the documentation, whereas the max users would just dive into it (as
Pd has been sold to them as something you can use your Max-skills with
without having to pay the license).

my argument is that people who find tips-of-the-day useful are not power
users yet and as such an occasional reminder won't hurt.

gfdmas
IOhannes