[PD] Manual reply for list digests (was Re: Pd-list Digest, Vol 203, Issue 12)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:50:56 CET 2022

If you are using Apple Mail, as I am, it doesn't natively handle Mailman digest messages from the list. If you hit reply, it then replies to the *entire* digest ala "Re: P-List Digest, Vol..." and thus creates a new thread instead of building upon the previous by using the same subject line.

What I generally try to do in Apple Mail is:

1. select the part of the digest I wish to reply to by drag selecting the text
2. hit reply
3. copy the subject line from the individual message in I'm replying to in the digest email body & replace the subject line in the new message
4. adjust the To: line as needed, copy paste the name/email address to whom I want to reply to directly and move the Pd-list to CC, as needed

> On Feb 10, 2022, at 6:37 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:37:34 -0500
> From: Samuel Burt <composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com <mailto:composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com>>
> To: Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD]  ?fan-out (was Re: Pd-list Digest, Vol 203, Issue
> 	12)
>
> Sorry about the bad subject. Don't post too regularly and not sure the best
> way to reply to a thread here. Guess it's just reply, change subject,
> delete irrelevant parts of the thread. I do appreciate your patience and
> continued conversation.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>