[PD] ​fan-out (was Re: Pd-list Digest, Vol 203, Issue 12)

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:37:34 CET 2022

Sorry about the bad subject. Don't post too regularly and not sure the best
way to reply to a thread here. Guess it's just reply, change subject,
delete irrelevant parts of the thread. I do appreciate your patience and
continued conversation.

An even better feature would be to hover over an outlet and see the
connected inlets and/or cables highlighted. I generally make neat patches
that are easy to follow, but even with neat patches there can be a lot of
crossed cables. I imagine implementing this would be even more difficult.
Is Pd's GUI kept really simple because it's difficult to implement new
features or because it's important to keep a low impact on the cpu?

IOhannes, I didn't even know you could connect an inlet-outlet pair twice.
What is the effect? Does it send the data twice at control rate and does is
it additive with signals?

Sam