[PD] Gem window and fullscreen on OS X Was: GEM and video playback broken in MacOS?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 10 07:45:26 CEST 2022

Hi list,

experiencing some weird issues with Gem 0.94.git v0.94 on MacOS 12.4 as
well. Upon trying to create a gemwindow I am getting
 [gemmacoswindow]: unable to switch to current window (do you have one?), cannot render!
Seems to be https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/issues/257
Following some advice to a different, but possibly related error, I
replaced [gemmacoswindow] with [gemglfw3window]. This made the window
appear and render.

What is the difference between [gemglfw3window] and [gemglutwindow]?
In one of the two, the origin of the coordinate system seems to be off
in fullscreen more and and contents are rendered smaller, possibly related to
https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/issues/261
in the other one, there is often flickering.

I tried to make Gem output on a second screen (extended desktop) next.
When I use the [fullscreen 1] message, th OS will change the resolution
of that second display to that of gemwin's "dimen" setting. But whenever
I want to edit the patch and focus the patch window, the fullscreen
gemwindow on the external display is minimized to the dock, and the
resolution of that external display changed back by the OS setting it
to as it was before. Makes it impossible to work.
Without the fullscreen message, the title bar of the Gem window is
always visible.

Can anyone perhaps test and confirm, possibly also explain, this last issue?

Thank you!
Peter

* IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> [2021-12-28 23:08]: