[PD] Question re comport on Raspberry Pi

kerry l. hagan klhagan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:09:24 CEST 2022

Hi all,

This is going to be a stupid question for all of you, but please know that I have scoured Google for this answer, and I still can’t figure it out.

I’m running a patch on a Raspberry Pi Model B+ V1.2 from 2014.

My collaborator needs the patch to use a comport object to speak to an Arduino.

I cannot get the comport source code to compile on the Pi. I don’t know enough to understand the error (that’s coming from ld) no matter how much I read.

I cannot get Deken to install (as I’ve been told I could get the comport object that way). I use apt-get install - and it returns no errors. But when I try to run Deken, I get ’Self-installation of Deken failed’

Here’s os-release:
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="11"
VERSION="11 (bullseye)"
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs”

I’m running Vanilla Pd 0.51.4

So my burning question is: how can an eejit like me get a functioning comport object into Pd?

Thanks in advance,

Kerry