[PD] Another request to replace Pd's docs by a "better one" (was: some gui objects with grey background in help patches?)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 02:13:33 CET 2022

If you read everything, you will go crazy. You have to filter and focus on what is actually helpful to your own goals, otherwise you will work on solving everyone else's problems for free, forever and still likely only receive bug reports. And some may wonder why not everyone is waiting on the forums, or on FB, or wherever to read every discussion...

On a related note, I see the GUI help files all contain a representative example of the widget in question in the upper right corner... in default coloring. Personally, I feel that's good enough to relay the distinction between "white" and "grey." I do agree with IOhannes to avoid the blue text sine it mimics text selection coloring.

> On Nov 26, 2022, at 1:40 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Nonetheless, I see this feedback today! I guess that well consolidated
> notions, unfair or not, are hard to challenge and it takes time. I busted
> my ass a lot in the last couple of years and it still doesn't seem enough
> :) I'm not giving up on this though...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>