[PD] default colors of iemguis (was: some gui objects with grey background in help patches?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:54:36 CET 2022

Em seg., 28 de nov. de 2022 às 05:05, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> On Mon, 2022-11-28 at 02:58 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > For the record, I just realized default colors of iemguis is not  "pure
> white" (...)
> > it is "FCFCFC" (...) This is not a regression, it's the same in pd 0.48,
> >
> > I don't know why or where that happens in the code
>
> I haven't checked the code, but the old encoding allowed for only 6
> bits per channel. Assuming the two least significant bits are set to 0,
> FC is the highest value possible in that scheme
>
> 0xFC = 0b1111 1100

It's much simpler than that. Default color is explicitly set and defined as
"0xFCFCFC" in g_all_guis.c, more specifically here:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/06ecc41f42059bfe02081e4738ed21f6bcd0eac9/src/g_all_guis.c#L1030

default "front" and "label" colors are also set there as black.

[cnv] has different default colors specified in its code (0xE0E0E0 for
background and 0x404040 for label);