[PD] pd~ set audio API on linux

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri May 5 21:57:37 CEST 2023

Hi,

> the subprocess outputs "no audio API specified" to its pd window
Can confirm on Windows. It's a spurious error message. I just opened a
ticket: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1952

> It works receiving/sending audio from/to the parent process but in my special use case it'd be
> even nicer to input/output audio directly to the interface
[pd~] is designed to pipe audio through the subprocess. The code does
not (or rather should not) allow the subprocess to use a real audio
device. Ideally, we should disable the "audio settings" and audio API
entries in the "Media" menu for subprocesses, as they don't have any
meaning in this context.

> which works as soon as I specify the audio API in the media prefs of the subprocess.
I highly doubt that this actually works.

Christof